CLOSE THE DOOR AND BE SURROUNDED...by a new way to view your world and your everyday interactions. Welcome to your truth. In this blog I will explore a topic offered to me by my readers and friends. No one will like everything I say. Still, I hope to leave an impression and a new way to view the issue at hand in the end. So, sit back, explore, and appreciate your splendor as you are. And be sure to answer the short survey before you go.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Can anyone say "REJECTED" Ouch!


A buddy of mine had been dating a person for over two months. She claimed that this person was everything she had ever dreamed of in a mate. He has a level head, a career, realistic ambitions, big heart and was more than mildly attractive. So, me being the caring friend I am, I asked how everything was going with this person. She said, “He bit the dust!”
“What!” I exclaimed. “You said he was good money!”
“Any money is good money nowadays.” She whined. “You don’t know what it’s like to get rejected. You always get what you want. Who’d fuck over Mother Earth?” (Apparently no one told her about the hole in the ozone layer.)
Now, a couple of months ago two things would have happened. 1) I would have agreed that I don’t get rejected and 2) I would have spouted off a few cliché’s all boiling down to “Anyone who can’t see your splendor doesn’t deserve you”. But life has an annoying way of forcing one to reevaluate their truths…..
I had been talking to a person who I’ll name Cautious for the sake of name-calling and not putting me on blast. Here I was thinking we were getting to know each other and even falling for each other. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I was telling her about my ex who I then lived with and was trying to help get her life back together because I love so hard. I was exclaiming about all my big-hearted/ open-minded ambitions, my free spirit and my three beautiful boys that I wanted to leave an empire. Ironically, what Cautious was hearing is that I didn’t know how to let go of the past and I obviously had a debilitating co-dependent relationship with my ex. AND,  if I didn’t get that straight I’d never reach my full potential so all my other plans are downhill from there. Bad part is that she didn’t think to inform me of this. I broke off even the friendship after realizing I was in that zone and didn’t want to be there. But, not even a week after we stopped talking I saw she was “in love” from her posting on FaceBook.com. Can anyone say “REJECTED”. Ouch!
Fact is, what I was too co-dependent to realize is that shit is shit. People who get rejected are usually doing one of three things: 1) shitting all over their house, 2) not cleaning the shit that is already hardening , or 3) allowing someone else to shit all over their house. I was number 3. My entire life I prided myself on being a lady and knowing when to leave, but I wouldn’t leave my ex to save my life. I foolishly believed her to be my best friend. I was such an idiot. But what can I say, I did it to myself.
Now I’m dating or re-dating someone who was good for all the wrong reasons back then, but is now just good for me. She put up the caution sign too. “We’ll take it slow and see what happens.” she says. Cautious is hopefully enjoying life and love. And I don’t even know where my ex is anymore. I’m so free, and it looks good on me.
So, the next time you find yourself getting rejected, put down the bucket of cookie dough/ cookie dough  ice-cream and ask yourself, “What am I doing or allowing others to do to my house that makes company not want to come over and stay a while?” You might find that you were the problem all along. The best part about that is “If you’re the problem, then you can also be the solution.” Who knows, maybe I’ll grow enough to invite Cautious and her love on a double date…probably not. But maybe I’ll request her friendship again on FaceBook.com.  You know, after the sting wares off. Thanks Cautious.

6 comments:

  1. Ultimate DestinyMay 11, 2010

    so very tru, sometimes its us that has to look beyound the shit we have caused.. but hey others run and find love way to quickly, maybe she was the one feeling rejected by ur ex still living with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 11, 2010

    For many of us, love is unreachable because we do not truly love ourselvs first. Rejection hurts because we are searching for exceptance. We must remember our life is our life, and when two lives come together; they come together in thought and progression. All of our thoughts, feelings, emotions, and view points are just what they are to us.........our own. Love is just what it is...Love, and we should love everyone and everything with all we have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ultimate Destiny may have a point. Some day I'll speak with her and find out. These days I'm just enjoying my freedom and who I am selfishly. And yes MiMi/ anonymous, I was not loving myself. What person who loves themselves would allow someone to shit in their house. But it's OK. I'm doing a Mass restructuring, cleaning and taking inventory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 14, 2010

    I love hard and strong. I finally realize that know matter how i love i can't expect the same in return. What i give may not be received how i expect or want it and it's ok. It's not gonna stop me from being me and it's not gonna stop me from continuing to give love how i give it. If the person doesn't accept it i can either deal with it or move on to the next point blank!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harlem's FinestMay 14, 2010

    No one wants to be rejected but life is full of disappointments and you live with the ugly truth or change your way of living........Build your own box and keep it fresh and clean let go of the baggage and pick up peace!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous, I couldn't have said it better myself. "Love is love" even when it doesn't make sense and it hurts. People are always saying, "If they hit you then they don't love you." I don't know about anyone else but I spank my 2 yr old twins from time to tome. I really love them. I swear. Fact is that people love differently, but its still love no matter how twisted. Some of us don't know enduring love and can't offer or expect it, but we at least know we don't want the kind that goes upside your head because dinner wasn't warm enough. It all boils down to knowing what you have to offer verses what you want in return. Sound Familiar? As for Harlem's Finest, Everyone's attracted to peace. Just make sure your box has enough space for all those trying to get in. *WINK WINK*. This is so therapy.

    ReplyDelete