CLOSE THE DOOR AND BE SURROUNDED...by a new way to view your world and your everyday interactions. Welcome to your truth. In this blog I will explore a topic offered to me by my readers and friends. No one will like everything I say. Still, I hope to leave an impression and a new way to view the issue at hand in the end. So, sit back, explore, and appreciate your splendor as you are. And be sure to answer the short survey before you go.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

What Chili Wants (Beautiful idiots in love)

My friend and  I were discussing why she: a beautiful, intelligent, successful woman is single. She said to me, "Women are intimidated because I know what I want.".
I immediately thought about the TV show "What Chili Wants". Every time I see the show I cringe at the thought of all the good women making themselves unavailable by implementing ridiculous standards and expecting to find true love.  So I asked her, "What do you want?" She commenced to running off this long ass list of crap that gave me headache to listen to. So I knew anyone trying to meet the ridiculous qualifications on her list would be exhausted by the time they reached # 4; which was that they had to be successful. This woman had no idea that success is relative. So what she really wanted was for someone to first learn her idea of success, adopt it, then spend the rest of their life perusing it with zealous.
I asked her, "Babe, have you ever been fly fishing or scuba diving? Has anyone ever read to you on a blanket under a tree in the fall? You ever been to a poetry reading?
To all these questions she answered no. So I then asked her could she possibly like these things. She goes, "Maybe. I just never thought about it because I've never done those things."
That brought me to my main point. So at that point I asked does she think she could be limiting herself by knowing what she wants. Thing is, what you know you want is relative to what you've experienced. Therefore any person limiting themselves to what they know could be missing out on new experiences that they may have enjoyed.
My theory for finding the one that suits you is not knowing what you want, but being pretty certain about what you don't want. That way you can weed through the characters you've already dated and open yourself up to knew possibilities. You just might find that special someone.

2 comments:

  1. I mean..I just don't understand. Chilli is GORGEOUS!!..and I will openly admit that when Water Falls came out, I had to be about 13 - 15...she was my IDLE. But now...I watch this show and I'm like "Could she be so vain" but then again, I have to sit back sometimes and fault myself. I created this monster. She thinks that she's too good for EVERYONE and that could become a problem..and then she has a little one looking at how you are to put all material and physical things before love. It's wild. Her poor cousin trying to help her...poe thang. She is sick of it..and tired "-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, It was painful to watch the one time I tried. Hell, by the end of it I was sick and tired.

    ReplyDelete