CLOSE THE DOOR AND BE SURROUNDED...by a new way to view your world and your everyday interactions. Welcome to your truth. In this blog I will explore a topic offered to me by my readers and friends. No one will like everything I say. Still, I hope to leave an impression and a new way to view the issue at hand in the end. So, sit back, explore, and appreciate your splendor as you are. And be sure to answer the short survey before you go.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Not sorry, I don't believe. Amen."

What would happen if we didn’t rely on books to tell us what was good and bad? Seriously, if the New and Old Testament didn’t exist, penis and booty could go in the same sentence without anyone’s nose twitching. Terms like lesbian, bisexual, gay, and black would be just terms like heterosexual and Caucasian. The world would be great if we didn’t judge anyone past whether or not we wanted them in our lives? Phrases like “You live how you want, just not around me” wouldn’t be considered cruel because no one would say “You can go to Hell on your own watch” afterward. And when they said “goodbye”, it wouldn’t be with snobbish pride for their “strength” to follow GOD and not do whatever it is you’re doing.

I find it amazing that when I tell an atheist that I could have figured out “Thou shalt not kill” on my own, they agree that there is a time and place for everything. There should be no killing outside of legitimate war. But when I tell a Christian they believe I only know this because it was in the Bible first. They can’t fathom that one death would have been enough to realize that someone lost a mother, a father, a friend. I wouldn’t want someone to kill me, so I’d say it was bad. And see, at first I thought that the Bible had brainwashed the masses. But really, the stories written in the bible are so farfetched that most can only believe them if they really want to. The Bible to a rational thinker is the equivalent of telling a 5 year old that Santa delivered the bike, he just asked you to put it together for him. Even a five yr old would ask “So what do Santa’s helpers do?” The creators of christianty were very intelligent. They realized that while some people were like them and lived in a reality that they could act as self-dictators in, most were not. And for those, they granted a Savior.

And a GOD was created by His creation to lead us. To stand as an overbearing parent that interferes in our daily lives to guide us and test our loyalty (obligation) to Him. He was given human qualities so we could relate to him, omnipotence so we would exalt Him and an enemy (Satan) so we could blame everything “They” did on him. And for blacks, from this came the cycle of their wrongs to us, and our prayers: unanswered. And we found our safe and abiding complacency in the crumbs we were given along the way. We feigned fullness and even denied our thirst in idle acceptance of what we knew was…nothing. When we were tired of fighting any fight we solaced ourselves with incredulous statements like “It’s in GOD’s hands”. And we put down our weapons and said no blood for blood; “Thou shalt not kill” then reveled in our disappointments on earth by shouting our decorated air castles of grandeur, golden streets, and mansions for all in a place we imagined called Heaven.

This GOD we chose was our docile attempt to debunk the legitimacy of being no more than just another creation created and left to fend for itself. And out of this denial, Blacks got what we have today.

“Thank ya masser for freein us from slavery. We just gone keep these mind shackles of racism, contrived equality, and closeted abuse. And we promise when we prove ourselves intelligent in school and you choose our top ten and take them out the ghettos, we’ll gobble them crumbs like steak. And they’ll try and be so much like you that we won’t trust them to lead us anymore. So we’ll stay in the ghetto without leaders. We’ll call our should have been leaders Oreos while they look down on us in disdain heightened by their revelation of our “Blackness”. We promise while you put schools in the ghettos with apartments and base education funding on property taxes, we’ll stay there and not even learn that much. No sir, we won’t dare move to your upper-class neighborhoods by the masses. You can sprinkle us flies in the milk that is your society, as you see fit, while we lie unmoved in the ghettos you gave us and carry out all the plans that were laid out in the “Willie Lynch Letter”. I’ll push my daughter to independence and coddle my son until the roles are permanently reversed and the family structure is no more. I promise I’ll sell your drugs and kill my brothers as if only to prove that I hate myself and my people. And when you arrest me unequally and put me in your cages of artificial retribution as if you are a hero in a cycle you created, I’ll convince myself I deserve it and swallow the pain of being subhuman as if it were thumbtacks. But no, I won’t fight. “I’ll put it in GOD’s hands”. I’ll go to church, pay my tides, and pray about it."



Amen!



1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 02, 2010

    As a race of people who have struggled since coming to this "promise land", the "melting pot",we have forgotten who we truly are. The controlers/masters/dominant/leaders have done a great job at redefining who the people think they are. Religion is the greatess leader due to having the book called "The Bible". Do you really understand the stories? Because that is what the are....stories! Far fetched stories. The "God" so many are looking for is within....your soul. God is not seperate from us, but is us. We represent God in all forms. What and who you believe, is just what and who you believe. Freedom of the soul is your choice. I am free from the confounds of the church and religion. The creator is I.

    I feel sorry for some people who are trapped in the cycle of God being this untouchable being and Satan as the enemy. Maybe one day, the world will wake up and come to the realization:"I am the Master of my Fate, I am Captin of my Soul"-Invictous by William Ernest Henley .

    ReplyDelete